At the end of Paseo de las Palmeras, from the access of Doctor Gómez Ulla Avenue, is the monument that Spain dedicated to Her Excellency Mrs. Carmen Angolotti Mesa, the Duchess of la Victoria. The tribute to this noblewoman from Cadiz is for her dedication to the work of caring for the sick and wounded from the Rif war, putting her life in danger on many occasions.
The monument to the Duchess of la Victoria is a bas-relief in stone, created by the painter and sculptor Julio González Pala. In the foreground, a nurse from the Spanish Red Cross appears, taking care of a wounded soldier. Below it, the following text appears:
THIS MONUMENT WAS INAUGURATED ON NOVEMBER 24, 1925, BY THE HONOURABLE MRS. MARIA WEYLER DE FERNANDEZ HEREDIA, WHICH TOOK REPRESENTATION OF HM QUEEN VICTORIA EUGENIA, UNDER WHOSE HIGH SPONSORSHIP AND ENCOURAGMENT DUE TO HER RESPECTFUL EXAMPLE, MADE HER PIOUS AND PATRIOTIC WORK, THE HOSPITALS OF THE RED CROSS IN ALL SPAIN
The second body is somewhat higher. In its centre, there is a cross of red jasper from Alicante, with dedication to the monument:
TO THE DUCHESS OF LA VICTORIA, NOTABLE BENEFACTOR OF SOLDIERS WHO WERE INJURED AND SICK DUE TO THE CAMPAIGN OF MOROCCO. THE GRATEFUL NATION. 1925
Laterally, there is a pair of groups: one of them is formed by an infantry officer and a sailor. On the opposite side, there is a Regular officer and a legionary.
At the pinnacle, you can see the Royal Coat of Arms of Spain, the Duchess of la Victoria and the Military Orders.